Polestar Pilates Apparatus Teacher Training 2017
Become a comprehensively trained Pilates Teacher recognized around the world
This course is ideal for Pilates practitioners looking to formalize or enhance their practice, physical therapists, fitness and health enthusiasts, and other movement specialists.
The series consists of six, two-day modules that will teach you the practical skills needed to become proficient with Pilates exercises, assessment techniques, movement sequences, and the application of the Polestar Pilates Principles.
Teachers in the Studio Series will master a full repertoire of Pilates exercises for all populations while, simultaneously, the Rehabilitation Series provides training of comprehensive Pilates applications for health care professionals.
2017 Class Schedule
Class 1 Sept 9-10 2017
Class 2 Oct 7-8, 2017
Class 3 Nov 11-12, 2017
Class 4 Dec 6-7, 2017
Class 5 Jan 6-7, 2018
Class 6 Feb 3-4, 2018
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with the following pieces of apparatus: Reformer, Trapeze Table, Chair, Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector and props
- Demonstrate correct safety and equipment handling practices
- Demonstrate ability to correctly execute and teach more than 130 exercises and their variations
- Identify the appropriate stage of a client and correctly select the most effective exercises to promote positive change
- Problem solve and design an exercise or treatment plan through case studies using the Polestar Screening’ or ICF model
- Modify basic exercises based on clients’ needs
Completion of the Polestar Comprehensive Program
qualifies you to sit for the PMA Certification exam.